One day workshop explores the market potential of non-GMO soybeans.
Participants will learn about a Soybean Promotion Board funded market
research project to examine the emerging market. Discussions will focus
on enhancing participant understanding of the size of the market and how
producers can supply the niche products.
- Current market and issues affecting the demand for non-GMO
- On-line Marketing Resource, MarketMaker: a free database
systems managed by the UA Extension Service that assists growers
in their efforts to pursue segmented marketing strategies;
- A soybean specialists to discuss the varieties being developed
- The Arkansas Department of Agriculture discussing their
protocols for certifying crops as GMO free;
- Presentations by industry representatives highlighting their
contracting and procurement processes;
- A discussion by presenters and a select group from the Arkansas
Soybean Promotion Board talking about what needs to be done to
expand the production and distribution on non-GMO beans from
Program will start at 9:00am and conclude by 2:00pm, registration
will start at 8:30 and lunch will be provided.